error: This content is protected, please contact Matt@bestsellingcarsblog.com if you would like to license for reuse.
skip to Main Content

Iran 1st Half 2015: Exclusive imports data now available

Hyundai Santa Fe Iran March 2015. Picture courtesy bartarinha.irThe Hyundai Santa Fe accounts for almost 1 in every 4 new vehicles imported into Iran.

* See the Top 10 best-selling imported brands and models by clicking on the title *

This update was made possible by the new CE Auto newsletter.

For only the third time ever on BSCB, we can share with you exclusive imports data for Iran over the first six months of 2015, when 43.348 new passenger cars were imported into the country. Korean manufacturers are more dominant than ever with Hyundai holding a gargantuan 44.7% share of all imports over the period and Kia coming 2nd with 14.2% for a combined 58.9% Korean share vs. 59% over Q1 2015. Toyota (13.6%) and Changan (5.7%) follow like in Q1 with BMW overtaking BAIC and Mitsubishi to #5.

Ssangyong Korando Iran June 2015. Picture courtesy auto-motor-und-sport.deThe Ssangyong Korando is among the 20 most popular imports in Iran.

Model-wise, Hyundai logically monopolises the podium with the Santa Fe, Elantra and ix35 the most popular, while the i20 breaks into the Top 10 and the Sonata remains within its bounds. Kia adds two Top 10 nameplates to the Korean domination (the Sportage and Optima) with the Toyota Corolla staying at a lonely 5th place. Notice also the strong scores of the Ssangyong Korando (#17), BMW X4 (#19) and Mitsubishi Mirage (#30). We welcome in the Iranian imports ranking the Renault Captur (40 units), BMW 2 Series (two) and Peugeot 301 (one).

Previous post (1): Iran July 2015: Full production figures now available

Previous post (2): STRATEGY: What future for new car sales in Iran?

Previous imports update: Iran 1st Quarter 2015: Exclusive imports data now available

Full H1 2015 Top 10 imported brands and models below.

This content is for Platinum members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top