skip to Main Content

Hungary May 2015: Suzuki Vitara and Ford Mondeo shine

Ford Mondeo Hungary May 2015Ford Mondeo

* See the Top 10 best-selling brands and models by clicking on the title *

Sales of new passenger cars are up 2% year-on-year in May in Hungary to 5.883 registrations, bringing the year-to-date total to 29.752 units, up 10% on 2014. Total sales including LCV amount to 7.199. Opel continues to dominate the passenger brands ranking at 12% share above Ford at 10.7% and Skoda at 8.6% while Ford is the overall market leader at 13.3% share ahead of Opel (10.8%) and Volkswagen (7.8%). Although the Skoda Octavia remains the most popular nameplate in the country, its market share thaws to 4.7% vs. 7% year-to-date, with the Ford Focus (4.1%) and Opel Astra (4%) rounding up the podium. The all-new Suzuki Vitara recedes to a still very impressive 6th place while the Ford Mondeo jumps up to #7 with 140 sales and 2.4%.

Previous month: Hungary April 2015: Suzuki Vitara up to 4th place

One year ago: Hungary May 2014: Skoda Rapid and Opel Antara shine

Full May 2015 Top 10 models and brands below.

Hungary May 2015 – brands (including LCVs):

PosBrandMay-15%Apr2015%Pos
1Ford96113.3%15,01513.7%1
2Opel77810.8%24,02011.0%2
3Volkswagen5627.8%33,2498.9%4
4Skoda5087.1%43,4469.4%3
5Dacia4436.2%71,7664.8%7
6Renault4346.0%8n/an/an/a
7Suzuki4326.0%52,2826.3%5
8Toyota3544.9%6n/an/an/a
9Peugeot3124.3%10n/an/an/a
10Fiat3014.2%91,7784.9%6

Hungary May 2015 – brands (passenger cars only):

PosBrandMay-15%Apr2015%PosFY14
1Opel70512.0%13,52211.8%12
2Ford62810.7%23,19010.7%31
3Skoda5068.6%33,42411.5%24
4Volkswagen4778.1%4n/an/an/a3
5Suzuki4327.3%5n/an/an/an/a
6Dacia3766.4%7n/an/an/an/a
7Renault3055.2%9n/an/an/an/a
8Toyota2774.7%6n/an/an/an/a
9Kia2654.5%8n/an/an/an/a
10Nissan2404.1%10n/an/an/an/a

Hungary May 2015 – models:

PosModelMay-15%Apr2015%PosFY14
1Skoda Octavia2764.7%12,0787.0%11
2Ford Focus2434.1%31,1153.7%32
3Opel Astra2374.0%21,1874.0%23
4Dacia Duster1903.2%87652.6%64
5Opel Corsa1753.0%97152.4%75
6Suzuki Vitara1682.9%45691.9%15
7Ford Mondeo1402.4%n/a4981.7%1813
8VW Golf1252.1%67792.6%57
9Suzuki SX4 S-Cross1252.1%76222.1%911
10Suzuki Swift1242.1%59773.3%46

Source: www.vezess.hu, many thanks to Zsolt for the tip.

Leave a Reply

Back To Top