error: This content is protected, please contact Matt@bestsellingcarsblog.com if you would like to license for reuse.
skip to Main Content

Romania 1998-2000: Dacia 1310’s last years of domination

1999 Dacia 1310 (aka ‘Berlina’ or ‘Clasic’)

The Dacia 1310 celebrates its 30th year on top of Romanian car sales in 1998 with 56,249 ‘Berlinas’ (sedans) and 16,027 ‘Breaks’ (station wagons) sold for a total market share of 63.1%… The new Dacia Nova fails to threaten this domination at #3 with just 11,910 sales (10.3%). The Skoda Felicia is the best selling import at #7, however with only 0.7% of the market…

Restyled in 1999, the Dacia 1310 is stable that year at 46.1% share for the Berlina and 16.9% for the Break for a total market share of 63%. The locally produced Daewoo Tico follows at 8.1% and the Dacia Nova is #4 at 7.6%. There are no imports in the Top 10 this year, with Daewoo and ARO monopolising the next 6 spots.

2000 is the last year the Dacia 1310, renamed Clasic, holds the pole position in Romania. It does so with 35,422 sales or 48.9% of the market, ahead of the Nova at 7.3% and the Tico ay 6.6%. Exceptional performance of the Renault Megane, the best of only 3 imports in the Top 10, landing in 5th place with 2,938 sales (4.4%), the other two imports being the Renault Clio (#8 with 1,234 sales) and Skoda Octavia (#10 with 911 sales).

Full Year 1998, 1999 and 2000 Ranking Tables below.

This content is for members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top