* See the Top 195 models and Top 33 All-brands by clicking on the title! Thanks Antonio *
The spectacular recovery of the Portuguese new car market is still ongoing: sales are up 32% year-on-year in September to 9,701 units, bringing the year-to-date total to 107,404 registrations, up 35% on 2013. Peugeot takes the lead of the brands ranking this month, overtaking Volkswagen with sales up 67% to 1,025 for a 10.4% market share thanks to great performances of the 208 (#2 above the Renault Clio), 308 (#11) and 2008 (#19 just below the Captur). Renault remains leader year-to-date however with 11.5% share vs. 9.6% for Volkswagen and 9% for Peugeot. Notice also Nissan up 106%, Dacia up 98% and Skoda up 81%.
Surprise in the models sales charts: whereas it had never topped the ranking in the time BSCB has been following Portugal monthly (June 2013), the VW Golf ranks first for the 2nd straight month with a very satisfying 5.7% market share (vs. 3.5% year-to-date). This means the Portuguese market has been dominated by a Volkswagen for 3 consecutive months now (the Polo was #1 in July). Below the Nissan Qashqai strong once again at #4, Mercedes manages to place two models inside the Tp 6 (the A-Class at #5 and C-Class at #6), something no other manufacturer was able to do this month! Mercedes is the #3 brand in the country in September ahead of Renault with a huge 9% market share…
Previous month: Portugal August 2014: VW Golf takes the lead in market up 26%
One year ago: Portugal September 2013: BMW 3 Series up to 2nd place!
Full Top 195 models and Top 33 All-brands Ranking Tables below.