skip to Main Content

Syria First Half 2017: Hyundai Tucson and Kia Sportage on top

The Hyundai Tucson is the best-selling vehicle in Syria so far in 2017.

* See the Top 4 All-brands and Top 22 All-models by clicking on the title *

Consult three years worth of Syrian Historical Data here

Surprisingly in the current context, official car sales data continues to be communicated in Syria. The market has fallen to an almost stop, yet it recovers timidly over the First Half of 2017 at +10% to 3.884 units. Only four manufacturers continue to sell, with Mazda having disappeared, but Hyundai (+13%) at 61.8% share and Kia (+7%) at 36.4% share are the only two brands selling in significant number and accounting for 98.2% of the market. Nissan and Subaru share the remaining 1.8%. Model-wise, the two best-sellers spectacularly more than double their sales year-on-year: the Hyundai Tucson is up 114% to 29% share and the Kia Sportage up 141% to 20.9%, with the Hyundai Elantra (-34%) rounding up the podium at 14% share. These three nameplate account for almost two-thirds of the Jordanian market halfway through 2017. Leader over the Full Year 2016, the Kia Frontier is down 81% to #8. Notice also the Hyundai Santa Fe up 79% to 4th place.

Previous post: Syria Full Year 2016: Kia Frontier tops market down 36%

Full H1 2017 Top 4 All-brands and Top 22 All-models vs. Full H1 2016 figures below.

This content is for Platinum members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top