skip to Main Content

Portugal October 2015: BMW on podium, Peugeot 2008 hits record

Peugeot 2008 Portugal October 2015. Picture courtesy of largus.frThe Peugeot 2008 ranks 6th overall in Portugal this month.

* See the Top 35 All-brands and Top 212 All-models by clicking on the title *

Another month of strong growth for new car sales in Portugal with October up 16% year-on-year to 13.724 units, lifting the year-to-date total to 151.992, up 28% on 2014. Mercedes is finally dislodged from the freak pole position it held for two months running, down to #4 but still displaying the strongest year-on-year gain in the Top 15 at +44% to 1.204 sales and 8.8% share. Renault (+30%) is back to #1 with 11.8% of the market followed by Peugeot (+19%) at 10% while BMW leaps two spots on September to third place with 8.9% share (+23%). All German luxury carmakers are in great shape with Audi up 39% in 6th place.

BMW 1 Series Portugal October 2015The BMW 1 Series leaps to 5th place in October.

Volkswagen marks a pause and its sales up just 1% pull the brand down two ranks on last month to #5 vs. #2 year-to-date. Notice also Ford up 41%, Smart up 177% and Mazda up 62%. Model-wise, the Renault Clio and VW Golf dominate, with the Peugeot 208 up a whopping 78% to #3 thanks to its facelift, the BMW 1 Series jumping 9 spots on September to #5, the Peugeot 2008 up 50% to hit a record 6th place, the Renault Captur up 52% to #7, Mercedes A-Class up 56% to #9, Citroen C3 up 64% to #14, Ford Focus up 152% to #15, Mercedes CLA up 180% to #19 and VW Passat up 250% to #22

Previous month: Portugal September 2015: Mercedes holds onto pole position

One year ago: Portugal October 2014: VW Golf leads again, Nissan Qashqai #3

Full October 2015 Top 35 All-brands and Top 212 All-models below.

This content is for Platinum members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top