Home > Canada > Canada August 2013: Honda Civic passes Dodge Ram to rank #2

Canada August 2013: Honda Civic passes Dodge Ram to rank #2

Honda Civic Canada August 2013. Picture courtesy of motortrend.comHonda Civic

* NOW UPDATED with the Top 250 All-models and Top 35 brands! Click on title to see *

Want to know more about the Honda Civic? Check out Autoblog Honda Civic.

New light vehicle sales in Canada are not as dynamic as in the US but still up a very reasonable 5% year-on-year in August to 157,083 registrations, bringing the year-to-date total to 1,200,887 units, up 3% on 2012. The Ford F-Series is down a troublesome 8% on August 2012 to 10,630 registrations, its second consecutive month of year-on-year decline and 2nd time this year so far. The year-to-date total is still evolving at record heights however: up 11% on 2012 to 82,451 units. Down to a horrid 7th place in January, the Honda Civic is back to #2 for the first time this year thanks to 7,213 sales, up 25% on August 2012 and now taking its distance on the Hyundai Elantra, stuck at #4 this month and adding up to 39,290 units year-to-date vs. 41,836 for the Civic.

Chrysler Town & Country Canada August 2013. Picture courtesy of motortrend,comChrysler Town & Country sales are up 689% year-on-year in August!

In spite of sales up a fantastic 24%, the Dodge Ram is kicked down to #3 this month but remains #2 year-to-date by far. The GMC Sierra is up 2 spots on July to #5, making it 3 pick-up trucks in the Canadian Top 5 in August. 18 months after its original launch in the country, the Mazda CX-5 continues on its relentless progression up the ladder: after breaking into the Canadian Top 20 for the first time last month, it is up a further two ranks to reach a record #18 in August, up 130% year-on-year. Other great performers include the Hyundai Santa Fe up 49% to #16, Nissan Rogue up 55% to #23, Nissan Versa up 78% to #24 and the Chrysler Town & Country up an out-of-this-world 689% to #28, slightly compensating for the 27% drop of its twin the Dodge Grand Caravan at #7.

Previous post: Canada July 2013: Honda Civic passes Hyundai Elantra year-to-date

One year ago: Canada August 2012: Ford F-Series at highest in over 3 years

Full August 2013 Top 250 All-models and Top 35 brands Ranking Tables below.

The rest of this content is for members only.
Log In Register
Categories: Canada
  1. Altitude
    September 20th, 2013 at 18:48 | #1
    • matgasnier
      September 20th, 2013 at 19:58 | #2

      Thanks Altitude! I haven’t covered used car sales yet on the site, it will perhaps come soon!
      Best,
      Matt

  2. Bernard
    September 17th, 2013 at 04:01 | #3

    Matt,

    What you call a Dodge Ram is actually a Ram 1500/2500/3500. It’s not sold as a Dodge anymore.

    This will get more confusing when Ram starts to sell the “Promaster” (Ducato), the three versions of which are called 1500, 2500 and 3500.

  1. No trackbacks yet.