skip to Main Content

UK nations November 2018: First podium for VW T-Roc, MG ZS up to #4 in Wales

The VW T-Roc leaps onto the podium in Scotland.

Thanks to our partnership with SMMT we can share with you the Top 10 best-sellers for all UK nations in November. Keep in mind this is a zoom in by nation, all sales figures are already included in the November 2018 UK update. For the second month running, only England (-4.1%) is in negative this month at 137.039 registrations and pulls the UK total down 3% with all its weight, whereas Scotland (+7.1%), Northern Ireland (+3.8%) and Wales (+1%) all continue on their positive trend. Year-to-date however, all nations are in decline, with Scotland (-8.7%) and England (-6.9%) the hardest hit and Wales (-3.4%) and Northern Ireland (-3.3%) faring better.

The Ford Fiesta manages to top 3 nations this month: England, Scotland and Wales but ranks at a paltry #8 in Northern Ireland. It however is now #1 YTD in every single nation, edging past the Vauxhall Corsa for the Scottish pole position. Ford monopolises the first places this month, placing the Kuga at #1 in Northern Ireland. The VW Golf is very regular at the highest level, placing #2 in England, Northern Ireland and Scotland, with the Ford Ecosport reaching a best-ever #2 in Wales and breaking into the Northern Irish Top 10 for the first time at #9. Other podium rankers are the Mercedes A-Class at #3 in England (and breaking into the Scottish Top 10 for the first time at #6), the Nissan Qashqai at #3 in Northern Ireland, the VW Polo at #3 in Wales and, one of the biggest stories this month, the VW T-Roc lodging its first ever UK nation podium in Scotland at #3 while also breaking into the Top 10 in Wales for the first time at #9.

Other great performers include the MG ZS up to a UK nation best of #4 in Wales after ranking #10 last July and #7 in October, the Citroen C3 at #4 in Northern Ireland and the Skoda Octavia signing its first ever Scottish Top 10 finish at #7.

Previous month: UK nations October 2018: VW Tiguan superstar – #1 in Northern Ireland

One year ago: UK nations November 2017: DS 3 storms into Northern Irish Top 10

Full November 2018 Top 10 models in each UK nation below.

This content is for Platinum members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top