skip to Main Content

Ireland May 2015: VW Passat and Toyota Avensis shoot up

Toyota Avensis Ireland May 2015The facelifted Toyota Avensis launches on June 5th in Ireland.

* See the Top 33 All-brands and Top 50 models by clicking on the title *

The Irish new car market continues to evolve a notch above 2014 with sales up 10% year-on-year in May to 6.940 registrations, which brings the year-to-date total to 80.913 units, up 26% on 2014. Once again, Volkswagen outpaces the market with sales up 36% this month to 1.039 for a grand 15% market share vs. 12.6% so far in 2015. The entire Top 5 brands are identical to the 2015 year-to-date ranking as well as the FY2014 charts, featuring Toyota (-14%), Ford (-24%), Hyundai (-4%) and Nissan (+22%) in this order. Notice also Skoda up 25%, Dacia up 31%, Citroen up 54%, Mercedes up 70% and Peugeot up 98%. Over on the models aisle, if the VW Golf dominates the ranking head and shoulders with 5.3% share, the Sportsvan is now counted separately. The VW Passat is up one rank on April and 146% year-on-year to a splendid 2nd spot, the Skoda Octavia is up 60% to #3 and now #4 year-to-date and the Toyota Avensis is up 145% on May 2014 and 32 spots on last month to an outstanding 5th place, the result of Toyota dealers clearing up their stock before the arrival of the facelifted model pictured above on June 5th.

Previous month: Ireland April 2015: Dacia Sandero leaps up to 4th place

One year ago: Ireland May 2014: Toyota Corolla takes the lead

Full May 2015 Top 33 All-brands and Top 50 models below.

This content is for Platinum members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top