error: This content is protected, please contact Matt@bestsellingcarsblog.com if you would like to license for reuse.
skip to Main Content

Germany July 2014: Mercedes E-Class in Top 10

Mercedes E Class Germany July 2014Mercedes E-Class

* See the Top 300 best-selling models and Top 50 brands by clicking on the title! *

When Germany sneezes, the European market catches a cold, and reversely when the German new car market is up 7% year-on-year to 270,249 registrations like it is the case in July, then all is good in this world. The year-to-date total now stands at 1,808,517 units, up 3% on 2013. The Top 8 most popular brands in the country return to exactly the same state as the year-to-date ranking, with Volkswagen leading the way by far (+10%) ahead of Mercedes (stable), Audi (+12%), BMW (+11%), Opel (+6%), Ford (+8%), Skoda (up an impressive 25%) and Renault (-7%). Seat shines at +12% in 9th position, as do Citroen (+25%), Volvo (+35), Porsche (+41%), Land Rover (+39%), Infiniti (+564%) and Maserati (+387%).

Mercedes V Class Germany July 2014First Top 100 ranking for the Mercedes V-Class at home.

Model-wise, Volkswagen monopolises the podium with the Golf (+18%), Passat (-4%) and Tiguan (+26%) while the Audi A3 is very solid again in 4th place (+14%) ahead of a weak VW Polo (-20%). Last discounted models for the Opel Corsa at #6 (+33%), an 8 spot jump on June for the VW Touran into #8 both this month and year-to-date (making it 5 Volkswagens in the Top 8), and the Mercedes E-Class in summer form at #10, its first Top 10 ranking since last November and to be compared to the #5 spot it hit one year ago in July 2013. Further down, the Seat Leon continues to amaze at #19 (+36%), the Ford Kuga is up 43% to #29, the Skoda Rapid is up 11 spots to #39 and the VW Beetle up 16 to #44.

BMW i8 Germany July 2014. Picture courtesy of motortrend.com54 BMW i8 found a buyer in Germany this month.

Among recent launches, the Mercedes V-Class is up 33 ranks on last month to #78, the BMW 2 Series is up 18 to #99, both breaking into the monthly German ranking for the very first time, the Porsche Macan is up 15 to a best-ever #95 and now only 8 units below the Porsche 911 for the title of Porsche’s best-seller at home, the Peugeot 108 lands directly at #115 with 491 sales, the BMW i3 is up to #158 with 211 units and the BMW i8 up 35 spots to #228 at 54 sales.

Previous month: Germany June 2014: VW Golf, Passat and Audi A3 on top

One year ago: Germany July 2013: Mercedes E-Class up to #5

Full July 2014 Top 300 models and Top 50 brands Ranking Tables below.

This content is for Platinum members only.
Log In Register
Back To Top