* See the Top 33 All-brands and Top 100 models by clicking on the title *
It’s onwards and upwards for Norwegian new car sales in October at +2% to 13.197 registrations, lifting the year-to-date total up 2% to 125.008 units, up 4% on the same period in 2014. Volkswagen remains the most popular brand in Norway and even outpaces the market at +7% to 2.210 units and 16.7% share above Toyota at 10.9% (-2%) while BMW surges 30% to land on the podium at #3 with 1.010 deliveries and 7.7% share. Notice also Mazda up 21%, Mitsubishi up 36% and Renault up 30%. Model-wise, below the VW Golf (+32%) and Toyota Auris (+20%) both posting solid gains, the Mitsubishi Outlander surges 130% year-on-year to land on the podium thanks to the new generation at 527 units, 71% of which are the PHEV variant. Notice also the BMW i3 staying at a best-ever 7th place thanks to sales up 151%, the VW Passat up 69% to #9, the Suzuki Vitara down one spot on September to #15, the Mazda CX-3 down 6 to #11, Hyundai Tucson down 20 to #33, Subaru Levorg down 3 to #69, Mercedes GLC down 33 to #72 and the Honda HR-V down 12 to #74.
Previous month: Norway September 2015: BMW i3 hits best-ever #7
One year ago: Norway October 2014: Lexus NX in Top 50
Full October 2015 Top 33 All-brands and Top 100 models below.