Home > World > World 2011: Updated Top 100 now available!

World 2011: Updated Top 100 now available!

Sales of ChangAn Taurus may be counted as ChangAn Mini Bus, #44 in the world in 2011

* See the updated 2011 World Top 105 best-selling models here *

Just a quick update to let you know that I have amended the Worldwide Top 100 models ranking I published yesterday with a couple more details, it is now actually a Top 105! This ranking will likely be updated a few more times over the next days/weeks as more official data keeps pouring in so I will let you know each time this happens. If you have access to official data that can make this ranking more accurate please do comment on here!

I have added a couple of Chinese LCVs that slipped through the cracks yesterday: the Foton Forland at #30 with an estimated 403,000 sales worldwide, the ChangAn Mini Bus which could include the ChangAn Taurus pictured above at #44 with an estimated 354,000 units and the DongFeng Mini Bus at #66 with an estimated 253,000 sales. The Mazda3 is now #39 at 381,780 units.

Also, thanks to the official Skoda Press Release provided by Robbie I have amended the Skoda Octavia sales to 389,000 which brings it up to #34.

You can see the amended World 2011 Top 105 article here

I have also published the amended Top 105 Ranking Table below for your reading pleasure.

Categories: World
  1. Steam
    April 1st, 2012 at 22:16 | #1

Hi Matt, is there any ranking by brands?

2. alexjmu
    April 1st, 2012 at 21:50 | #2

mazda 3 just see http://www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2012/201201/120127a.html
    Mazda3 (Axela): 303,677+78,103

3. March 30th, 2012 at 03:01 | #3

Amazing job Matt

4. Anthony
    March 29th, 2012 at 20:09 | #4

Matt,I have just received the VW annual report for 2011,and a few of your figures are inaccurate.
    I will update them for you over the weekend.

March 29th, 2012 at 21:47 | #5

Hey Anthony, looking forward to your updates! If it’s the Annual Report I saw the figures are production though, not sales which is normally quite different :-) Plus they have put a lot of different models in the Jetta nameplate… but perhaps you have different figures in which case I’m really keen to see them! ;-)
      cheers and thanks for your help Anthony

5. tuga
    March 27th, 2012 at 13:25 | #6

@TheK
    The Focus II is still sold in China and Latin America. Older gens of Fiesta are also still sold in Latin America. And in India there are three generations of Fiesta being sold side by side, the Classic ( MkIV ), Figo ( MkV ) and All New Fiesta ( MkVI ).

6. TheK
    March 27th, 2012 at 07:23 | #7

The Ford Focus there in second place is even more surprising as it is the same car *everywhere* on the planet. There’s (as far as I know) nowhere a local version or a previous generation sold. Same for the Fiesta and (there I know it for sure) for the Chevy/Holden Cruze. From both brands we will see more global models up there. I guess, that’s also the reason for the Hyundai ix35 as second place SUV: It’s one of few global SUV.

Funny to see the fat US pickups in there, as their sales outside North America are nearly nonexistent!

7. JJ
    March 27th, 2012 at 04:25 | #8

VW’s T5 (155800) and T2 (25100) could also be considered a single nameplate.

8. NismoBoy
    March 26th, 2012 at 21:09 | #9

Nissan Altima: 298,263
    Note: Includes US; Canada; Mexico; Equador; Bahrain; Kuwait; Saudi Arabia; UAE; Qatar; Oman

Nissan Teana + Maxima = 184,950 + 69797 = 254,747
    Note: includes US; Canada, Argentina; Europe, Dominican Rep.; Iran; Bahrain; Kuwait; Saudi Arabia; UAE; Qatar; Oman; Thailand; Taiwan;China; Australia; India; Malasia

Nissan Quashqai + Rogue = 383,149 (Japan sales not available) + 141,398 = 524,547

9. Goran
    March 26th, 2012 at 02:06 | #10

I thought that Citroen C3 was well above 300.000, but it says 250.000. I assume that is without the C3 picasso.

March 26th, 2012 at 08:57 | #11