Home > Canada > Canada October 2011: GM trucks beat Ford F-Series UPDATED

Canada October 2011: GM trucks beat Ford F-Series UPDATED

Mercedes M Class

* NOW UPDATED with the Top 150 best-selling models: click on the title to see *

The Ford F-Series leads the way again this month in Canada with 6,950 sales, however the twin trucks from General Motors do better and add up to 8,444 units: the GMC Sierra is up 3 spots on September to #4 with 4,639 sales while the Chevrolet Silverado is up 4 ranks to #5 at 3,805 units.

GMC Sierra

The Honda Civic is #3 and best-selling passenger car with 4,974 sales and is headed towards its 14th consecutive year as the most popular car in Canada... Very good month for the Toyota Corolla up to #7 at 3,508 units, the Honda CR-V up to #11 and the Toyota RAV4 up 11 spots to #16. Notice also the Nissan Versa up 12 spots to #27 and the Subaru Forester up 14 spots to #30.

VW Passat

Further down the ranking, the Chevrolet Sonic is up 21 ranks vs. September to #43, the VW Passat is up a massive 48 spots to #50, the Mercedes M Class is up an even more impressive 60 ranks to #53, the Chrysler 300 is up 28 spots to #61 and the Acura RDX is up 11 ranks to #91. The Chevrolet Orlando, available in Canada but not in the USA, lands directly in 75th position for its first full month of sales in the country at 407 units.

Previous month: see the Canadian September 2011 Top 140 best-sellers here.

Full October 2011 Top 150 Ranking Table below.

Categories: Canada
  1. Tengil
    November 23rd, 2011 at 08:09 | #1

My last comment was of course addressed to my dear friend Miguel :))
    @Matt: your blog commands great respect

2. Tengil
    November 23rd, 2011 at 00:17 | #2

@Tengil
    sorry boy, but you just react like a pubertal adolescent and maybe you are.

3. November 22nd, 2011 at 20:53 | #3

@Tengil
    … I also feel very sorry about you because your comment and consideration about me ( a person that you do not know and expresses his opinion) is rude and quite low!! You deserve to be vanished by this blog! People like you must be ignored and set appart!!!!!

4. Tengil
    November 22nd, 2011 at 03:38 | #4

@Miguel
    In my opinion yor are only a very prejudiced person. I feel sorry about you.
    And by the way, hyundai does not sell more than vw.

5. November 21st, 2011 at 19:20 | #5

@matgasnier
    Ok, but in this blog there´s an evident trend to VW! VW pictures everywere, VW mention everywere and VW is not number 1, Toyota, G.M. and Hyundai sell more, why dont you mention this fact???

6. November 11th, 2011 at 19:08 | #6

@matgasnier
    I´ve got the point Matt, however I think you never mention Ford and some marques as VW satnds up everytime! Sorry but is my opinion.

November 11th, 2011 at 22:27 | #7

Miguel,
      It is not my fault if VW sells like mad at the moment. Plus I have just written a couple of articles (Netherlands, Venezuela) where a Ford is the month’s best performer.
      So there.

7. J4R
    November 11th, 2011 at 00:27 | #8

Matt, am I wrong, or are you just totally stealing content here? Somebody else does the work and then you run with it? It might be different if you discussed the fact that another site had published the info, you discussed it and linked to it. At least you changed some of the info. But still, seems like this is just ripping off the work others.

November 11th, 2011 at 07:59 | #9

Hi J4R,
      I do not invent car sales figures myself, they have to originally come from some kind of organisation, or website. If not it is me going through YouTube to estimate a ranking.
      I always link back to the source(s) of these figures in each of my articles and add commentary to the raw numbers.
      If you consider this “stealing from others”, that’s your view, and you may not want to come back here then?
      Best

8. November 10th, 2011 at 19:10 | #10

… Beat F-Series?????? But the F-Series is the number 1, the best selling car in Canada!! Why beat?? Anti Ford blog. Please, no!!!!

November 10th, 2011 at 19:16 | #11

Chevrolet Silverado + GMC Sierra (basically the same car with different badges) sell more than the Ford F-Series this month in Canada.
      That’s a fact Miguel
      This is not an Anti Ford blog.

9. Dario