My 50 questions for 2014
* You can check out the entire 50 questions by clicking on the title and the answers to my 50 questions for 2013 here *
With a new year come new interrogations about how the car sales world will evolve, and as is the tradition on BestSellingCarsBlog I have selected 50 questions for 2014, let’s meet here in 365 days to find out how these turned out. What are your questions for 2014? Let us all know by commenting on here. So here goes:
1. Will both the Chinese and US car market continue to grow fast? Which one will be the fastest and will China still be on track to hit 30 millions sales by 2020?
2. Best-selling car in the world: Toyota Corolla or Ford Focus?
3. Will the DS brand be a success in China?
4. Which manufacturer will top worldwide sales? Will it still be Toyota? Can General Motors or Volkswagen grow faster?
5. Will the Datsun Go and Go+ succeed?
6. Will Qoros manage solid sales both at home in China and in Europe?
7. Will Tesla continue to grow or was 2013 a one-off performance?
8. Can either the Peugeot 2008 or Renault Captur break into the monthly European Top 10?
9. Will we still witness the ‘low cost or premium’ trend in European car sales?
10. Will Saab really revive? Will Opel survive? Will another car manufacturer disappear from the US? worldwide?
11. Will any pick-up truck manage to threaten the Ford F-Series in the US? Chevrolet Silverado? Toyota Tundra?
12. Can any passenger car come close to the Toyota Camry in the US? Will Ford’s high expectations for the Fusion materialise?
13. Can Renault stabilise Lada sales at home in Russia?
14. Can the new generation Nissan Qashqai push the nameplate into the monthly European Top 5?
15. Can the Skoda Octavia go higher than #5 in Europe? The BMW 3 Series higher than #4 and the Audi A3 higher than #6?
16. Will there be any newcomers inside the European Top 10 in 2014 apart from potentially the Renault Captur and Peugeot 2008?
17. Will Italy bottom out or fall further into recession?
18. Can the European new car market grow again?
19. Will Brazil, India and Russia get back into positive territory?
20. Can Renault become Argentina’s best-selling brand in the long term?
21. Which major markets will be the fastest growing?
22. Will any new low-cost brand be launched worldwide?
23. Will Honda drop the Ciimo and Linian low-cost brands in China? Will GM’s Baojun and Nissan’s Venucia continue to grow? How will FAW VW’s Carely fare?
24. Can the 301 re-establish Peugeot in Africa in the long-term?
25. Will the VW Up! range expand as well as its sales?
Check out the remaining 25 questions below.