* You can check out the entire 50 questions by clicking on the title and the answers to my 50 questions for 2013 here *
With a new year come new interrogations about how the car sales world will evolve, and as is the tradition on BestSellingCarsBlog I have selected 50 questions for 2014, let’s meet here in 365 days to find out how these turned out. What are your questions for 2014? Let us all know by commenting on here. So here goes:
1. Will both the Chinese and US car market continue to grow fast? Which one will be the fastest and will China still be on track to hit 30 millions sales by 2020?
2. Best-selling car in the world: Toyota Corolla or Ford Focus?
3. Will the DS brand be a success in China?
4. Which manufacturer will top worldwide sales? Will it still be Toyota? Can General Motors or Volkswagen grow faster?
5. Will the Datsun Go and Go+ succeed?
6. Will Qoros manage solid sales both at home in China and in Europe?
7. Will Tesla continue to grow or was 2013 a one-off performance?
8. Can either the Peugeot 2008 or Renault Captur break into the monthly European Top 10?
9. Will we still witness the ‘low cost or premium’ trend in European car sales?
10. Will Saab really revive? Will Opel survive? Will another car manufacturer disappear from the US? worldwide?
11. Will any pick-up truck manage to threaten the Ford F-Series in the US? Chevrolet Silverado? Toyota Tundra?
12. Can any passenger car come close to the Toyota Camry in the US? Will Ford’s high expectations for the Fusion materialise?
13. Can Renault stabilise Lada sales at home in Russia?
14. Can the new generation Nissan Qashqai push the nameplate into the monthly European Top 5?
15. Can the Skoda Octavia go higher than #5 in Europe? The BMW 3 Series higher than #4 and the Audi A3 higher than #6?
16. Will there be any newcomers inside the European Top 10 in 2014 apart from potentially the Renault Captur and Peugeot 2008?
17. Will Italy bottom out or fall further into recession?
18. Can the European new car market grow again?
19. Will Brazil, India and Russia get back into positive territory?
20. Can Renault become Argentina’s best-selling brand in the long term?
21. Which major markets will be the fastest growing?
22. Will any new low-cost brand be launched worldwide?
23. Will Honda drop the Ciimo and Linian low-cost brands in China? Will GM’s Baojun and Nissan’s Venucia continue to grow? How will FAW VW’s Carely fare?
24. Can the 301 re-establish Peugeot in Africa in the long-term?
25. Will the VW Up! range expand as well as its sales?
Check out the remaining 25 questions below.
26. How successful will the extended 500 range be for Fiat in Italy? In Europe?
27. Can the Peugeot 2008 sell more than the 208 in Europe?
28. Will the Renault Captur and Peugeot 2008 threaten the Renault Clio and Peugeot 208 for sales supremacy in France?
29. Can the Skoda Octavia outsell the VW Golf in Swizterland?
30. Will the Seat Ibiza lodge a 5th consecutive year atop Spanish sales charts?
31. Can any model challenge the Lada Granta pole position in Russia? The Renault Duster? Lada Largus?
32. Can Hyundai place the Grand i10 on the Indian monthly podium?
33. Will the Toyota Corolla keep its crown in Australia or will the Mazda3 reclaim the top spot?
34. Will Africa get a little more transparent and give us official car sales data more regularly? Even for a few new countries?
35. Will Chinese manufacturers manage to place more than 3 models in the Top 10 best-selling Passenger cars?
36. Will Chinese manufacturers continue their worldwide expansion? Which countries will be the highlights?
37. Was the Indian badge-engineered Nissan Terrano a good idea?
38. Will the Toyota Agya/Daihatsu Ayla twins threaten the Toyota Avanza supremacy in Indonesia?
39. Will Thailand resume explosive growth? Will Kazakhstan, Indonesia and the Philippines continue on their steep upwards trend?
40. Can the Nissan Qashqai or Juke climb on the monthly UK podium?
41. Will Toyota launch more hybrid cars or will they now concentrate on hydrogen power?
42. Will Dacia launch a model smaller than the Sandero?
43. Can Tata find growth again in India?
44. Which Passenger Car will top the Chinese sales charts?
45. Has Hyundai peaked in Brazil? Will the Korean group continue to grow worldwide?
46. Which Chinese manufacturer will sell the most cars worldwide?
47. Will North Korea, Turkmenistan, Albania, open themselves to the world and share sales data?
48. Will Malaysia and Slovakia get back to the list of regular official updates on BestSellingCarsBlog?
49. Can the Mercedes A-Class rank within the 15 most popular cars in Europe?
50. Will I continue to work hard to deliver the most timely and precise car sales info to you all? Cover the main Car Shows in the world and produce exotic Photo Reports? The answer is yes.