Philippines August 2012: Isuzu Crosswind & Mitsu Lancer shine
* See the Top 113 All-models ranking by clicking on the title! Thanks to myk *
New car sales are down slightly year-on-year in August in the Philippines at -1% to 13,140 units, bringing the year-to-date total to 117,907 registrations, up 9% on 2011. If the Toyota Vios unsurprisingly stays atop the Filipino models ranking thanks to 1,304 sales and just under 10% market share, the rest of the Top 5 is rearranged this month to match the 2012 year-to-date ranking. The Toyota Innova ranks 2nd at 973 units and 7.4%, ahead of the Mitsubishi Montero Sport with 943 sales and 7.2%, the Toyota Fortuner at 5.4% and the Toyota Avanza at 3.6%, making it 4 Toyotas in the Top 5.
But it's below that a few great performers are noticed. The Isuzu Crosswind is up 3 spots on July to #6 with 470 sales and 3.6%, the Toyota Hiace is up 4 to #7 at 460 units and 3.5%, the Mitsubishi Lancer EX, whose 1.6L version was recently released in the country, is up a huge 14 ranks to #12 with 319 sales and 2.4%, the Hyundai Eon progresses further to a record #13 at 282 units and 3.1% and the Ford Everest is up 15 spots to #14 with 264 sales and 2%.
Further down, the Ford Ranger, now boosted by the new generation on sale in the country, is up 61 ranks on last month to #25 with 168 sales and 1.3% vs. #58 and 0.2% year-to-date, the Subaru XV is up 4 to #34 vs. #51 year-to-date, the Mazda CX-5 is up 6 to #35 vs. #54 year-to-date and the Honda Odyssey enjoys its very first month of sales in the country, landing directly in 46th position with 35 units sold.
Previous month: Philippines July 2012: Hyundai Eon up to #15
Previous year: Philippines Full Year 2011: Stable ranking in solid market
Full August 2012 Top 113 All-models Ranking Table below.