Home > Netherlands > Netherlands LCV February 2012: Mercedes Sprinter still on podium

Netherlands LCV February 2012: Mercedes Sprinter still on podium

Mercedes Sprinter

* See the Top 25 best-selling models by clicking on the title! Thanks to DC for the ad link *

5,299 new Light Commercial Vehicles were sold in the Netherlands in February, bringing the year-to-date total to 13,685 units. Volkswagen stays ultra-dominant with the Caddy #1 at 11.9% share and the Transporter #2 at 8.5%, however these market shares are both below the models' Full Year 2011 level, which was 13% and 11.9% respectively.

Already last month's best performer and possibly helped by the above advertising campaign currently airing on Dutch televisions, the Mercedes Sprinter manages to stay at outstanding heights two months in a row, even getting closer to 2nd place this month with 423 sales and 8% share vs. 5.8% over the Full Year 2011. The Ford Transit is up one spot on last month to #4 and the Opel Vivaro is up 4 ranks to #5. Notice the Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Partner way above their traditional share at 3.1% (#12) and 2.1% (#13) respectively.

Previous month: Netherlands LCV January 2012: Mercedes Sprinter on podium

Full February 2012 Top 25 Ranking Table below.

The rest of this content is for members only.
Log In Register
Categories: Netherlands
  1. Rutger (D-C)
    March 20th, 2012 at 06:24 | #1

    The Mercedes Sprinter is heavily promoted on the Dutch television by this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBZ5tKXKyB0

    Opel aims to sell 2,250 units of the Combo on the Dutch market this year, of which 90% on the LCV market (2,025) and the other 10% on the passenger market (225): http://www.automobielmanagement.nl/nieuws/bestelauto-nieuws-nieuwe-modellen-en-typen/nid13691-nederland-heeft-streepje-voor-bij-opel-combo.html
    The ‘Combo Van’ is the new Fiat Doblò based generation and the ‘Combo’ the previous generation which is based on the third generation Corsa, I suppose.

    • matgasnier
      March 20th, 2012 at 12:27 | #2

      Many thanks for the ad link DC – I have now inserted it in my post :-)
      cheers
      Matt

  1. No trackbacks yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.