Home > Uncategorized > Historical Data now available for 16 countries

Historical Data now available for 16 countries

Toyota Hilux, #1 in Algeria in 2005

I have now added Historical Data for 16 countries: Algeria (up to 2004), Bulgaria (up to 2005), Chile (2004), Ecuador (2006), Hungary (2006), Iceland (2006), Indonesia (2005), Iran (1967), Israel (2005), Morocco (2004), Peru (2005), Philippines (2005), Portugal (2000), Singapore (2006), Thailand (2004) and Vietnam (2003).

Witness the dominance of the legendary Paykan over the Iranian car market, the 2005 launch of the Dacia Logan in Algeria and Morocco, the 2004 arrival of the Toyota Kijang Innova in South-East Asia and the total domination of Suzuki in Hungary. Click on 'Read more' below for all the direct links to these 42 new posts. Enjoy!

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. Alexander
    December 4th, 2013 at 20:09 | #1

@matgasnier

Hi Matt,

I am glad you found the info interesting. I can see you have mentioned that the Chinese company Great Wall produces vehicles in Bulgaria now. That’s true. Other cars, which were produced in Bulgaria in the past for short periods of time were: Rover Maestro in the early 90’s, Moskvitch in the 80’s, and Renault 8, 10 and Alpine in the 70’s. The localy produced Renault 8 and 10 were also branded and sold as “Bulgarrenault”.

Cheers,
    Alek

2. Alexander
    December 4th, 2013 at 01:14 | #2

Hi Matt,

An absolutely fantastic website. I have just discovered it today, and spent a couple of hours browsing. By the way I come from Bulgaria and grew up in the 80´s. I can send you some info. ab. that time. The predominant cars there in the early 80’s were Lada 2101 (the most often site on the street), followed by Lada 2102, -03, -04, -05, -06. You could see some Moskvitches too, part of them locally produced in Bulgaria. Ladas were concidered as high end, while Moskvitch was the low end. Skoda 105 and 120 L were a bit less popular, but liked and seen here and there. In our neighbourhood there were just a few West European cars like BMW 2000, Opel Record, Fiat 131 and a Ford Taunus. After 1989 it became more colourful, with many different brands, when the marked was liberalized :)

Best regards,
    Alek

December 4th, 2013 at 10:53 | #3

Hi Alek,
      Many thanks for your praise, I really appreciate it and am glad you are enjoying the site!
      Yes any info about the 80s in Bulgaria would be awesome, what you wrote in your note is precious already!
      Best,

3. August 6th, 2012 at 11:06 | #4

Could you provide me with historical data since 2006 of auto sales the country of Indonesia, I need date by model.

Thanks with Regards

August 6th, 2012 at 11:17 | #5

Hi Charley,
      It’s all in the Indonesian section of the site.

4. Exporter Jay
    July 24th, 2011 at 10:01 | #6

Can you provide me with any historical data of auto sales and popularity (best sellers) for the country of Togo (The Port of Lome, Togo)?
    I would appreciate any information of best sellers over the past six (6) years! Last, I’m in dare need of a live person who speaks English that works in this port or who is very familiar with the inner workings of the auto distribution / sales within the Port of Lome, Togo!

Sincerely,
    Exporter Jay

July 24th, 2011 at 12:50 | #7

Hi Jay,
      I don’t have that information but I’m sure that anyone who does and read these lines will respond to your comment.