Home > Spain > Spain: 1973-2013 More detailed Historical Data now available!

Spain: 1973-2013 More detailed Historical Data now available!

The Renault 7, a Renault 5 Sedan, was sold exclusively in Spain from 1974 to 1984 * The direct links to the 35 Spain Historical posts are below! * Thanks to Alberto from La Tribuna de Automoción who shared 1997 and 1999-2004 data (with precious MPV splits!), I can now share with you the #1 model in Spain for...

Categories: Spain
  1. Miguel
    February 26th, 2013 at 01:00 | #1

When I was a teenager every year I passed my holidays in Spain, in Marbella near the sea with my parents. We had a flat there with sea view. I remembered the majority of cars passing: Fords Fiesta, Escort, Taunus, Granada, Seats 124, 127, 131, 132, Ibiza, Renaults 14, Super5, 11, 9… imported cars were quite expensive in the 80´s but I saw good ones like Jaguars, Porsches and Ferraris in that location.

2. January 26th, 2013 at 22:44 | #2

Once as a kid i went on holidays in Spain and i remember seeing the Renault 7 for the first time and thinking: “What the hell…that Renault 5 has grown a hunchback!”

January 26th, 2013 at 22:49 | #3

Kimmi – I had exactly the same experience!!! I couldn’t believe that there was a French car I didn’t know about and that wasn’t even sold in France! :)
      Thanks for sharing.
      Cheers,

3. Rutger (D-C)
    October 19th, 2011 at 03:14 | #4

@matgasnier

Hey Matt, have you seen these figures of es.autoblog.com already? Spain, 1989 and in the comments also 1985: http://es.autoblog.com/2009/06/07/los-modelos-mas-vendidos-por-segmentos-en-espana-en-1989/

October 19th, 2011 at 20:12 | #5

Hey Rutger,
      No I hadn’t – love it! Will add it to here shortly.
      Thanks for the tip!!

4. Tiri
    May 25th, 2011 at 08:09 | #6

mmm I´ll try to find it. I had a lot of old car magazines, but I don´t know where, maybe lots of them are in trash now, some of them still in my room of my parents´house…

I f I find something i will tello you.

Well, don´t need to say i´m from Spain!

5. Tiri
    May 25th, 2011 at 05:42 | #7

mmm I´m pretty sure that Seat ibiza was the leader of the market one of these years: 1996, 1997 or 1998.

And that´s because those years this car won the 2 litres world championship:

and in the advertisment of the model said: Seat ibiza: número 1 en ventas, número 1 en rallys.

(sales number 1, rallys number 1)

May 25th, 2011 at 07:55 | #8

Hi Tiri,
      Thanks very much for this! Would you have official data so i can amend my articles?