Home > Poland > Poland October 2012: Toyota Yaris and Nissan Qashqai impress

Poland October 2012: Toyota Yaris and Nissan Qashqai impress

Toyota Yaris

* See the Top 150 best-selling models and Top 30 brands by clicking on the title! *

After diving by 13% last month, new car sales in Poland reassure and are down just 2.5% year-on-year in October to 25,459 units. This brings the year-to-date total to 260,158 registrations, up 1% on 2011. 44th consecutive month of reign for the Skoda Octavia even though this month it is down to only 3.5% share at 905 sales, potentially due to the landing of the Skoda Rapid and the imminent unveiling of the new gen Octavia. It is however still #1 year-to-date by far with 13,890 sales and 5.3% vs. 8,346 and 3.2% for the #2, the Skoda Fabia, back up to #4 in October.

Two models shine on the podium: the Toyota Yaris is up 2 spots on last month to rank #2 for the second time in the last 3 months and only the third time since March 2010 with 798 sales and 3.1% share, while the Nissan Qashqai beats its monthly volume record in the country at 775 units and equals the market share record it hit last month at 3%. The Opel Astra rounds up the Top 5 with 667 sales and 2.6% and is #3 year-to-date at 7,067 units and 2.7%.

Opel Mokka

Other great performers this month in Poland include the Honda Civic up 4 spots to #11, the Peugeot 208 up 6 to #12, the Hyundai i20 extremely solid again at #14 vs. #31 year-to-date, the Honda CR-V up 22 to #48, Fiat 500 up 29 to #49, Audi Q5 also up 29 to #66, Volvo V40 up 15 to #73 and the Citroen DS4 up 52 to #84. We welcome no less than 4 new models in the Polish Top 150 this month: the Opel Mokka lands at #70 with 96 sales, the Ford B-Max at #104 and 63 units, the Mercedes Citan at #133 with 41 sales and the Skoda Rapid at #146 and 34 units.

Brand-wise, Volkswagen manages to pass Skoda for the 2nd time in a row to become the most popular manufacturer in Poland this month thanks to 2,309 sales and 9.1% share vs. 2,261 and 8.9% for Skoda, which still leads year-to-date by far at 28,679 units and 11% vs. 21,904 and 8.4%. Helped by the success of the 208, Peugeot is up to #6 at 5.9% while Hyundai and Nissan are both up one spot on their YTD rankings at #9 and #10 respectively and Honda is up 2 to #14.

Previous month: Poland September 2012: Nissan Qashqai beats records

One year ago: Poland October 2011: VW Golf up to #4

Full October 2012 Top 150 models and Top 30 brands Ranking Table below.

The rest of this content is for members only.
Log In Register
Categories: Poland
  1. Marc
    November 16th, 2012 at 05:18 | #1

    Brand chart of october continued…
    (after Lancia 69) with:

    Lexus 58
    Porsche 33
    Infiniti 15
    Isuzu 13
    Ssangyong 11
    Jaguar 11
    ZX Auto 8
    WAZ 6 4
    FS-Lublin 6
    Smart 3
    Bentley 1

  2. Pedro
    November 15th, 2012 at 00:57 | #2

    thanks for adding the brands ranking !

    • matgasnier
      November 15th, 2012 at 01:06 | #3

      No worries Pedro – adding brands rankings is the main feedback I received from you guys reading the site so I’m trying to add it as much as I can :)
      cheers
      Matt

  3. November 14th, 2012 at 23:03 | #4

    Not bad for Fiat no, but Skoda (of course!) and VW doing well

  4. Jean
    November 14th, 2012 at 21:34 | #5

    good market for Fiat

  1. No trackbacks yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.