Home > Europe > Europe April 2012: BMW 3 Series in Top 10 for first time since 2008

Europe April 2012: BMW 3 Series in Top 10 for first time since 2008

BMW 3 Series

* See the Top 10 best-selling models by clicking on the title! *

The European new car market continues to struggle at -6% year-on-year in April to 1,069,243 registrations, bringing the year-to-date total to 4,507,515 units, down 7% on 2011. The Top 2 best-seller stay unchanged: the VW Golf leads with 37,151 sales but is down 13% on April 2011 while the Ford Fiesta is down 9% at #2 with 25,927 units. Like in the 2012 year-to-date ranking, the VW Polo rounds up the podium, but with 24,193 sales it is down a worrying 23% year-on-year.

Fiat Panda

In spite of a 8% fall the Renault Clio is up 8 spots on March to #4, followed by the Opel Corsa (-16%), Astra (-18%) and Ford Focus (-6%). Only two Top 10 models progress year-on-year, both thanks to new generations boosting their sales: the Fiat Panda is up 3% to 17,268 sales and #8, only its 2nd time since May 2010 with last February and its highest European ranking since February 2010 when it reached #7. The best performer this month is the BMW 3 Series taking advantage of an impressive 2nd place in Germany to reach #9 in Europe with 17,171 sales and 1.6% share, its first time in the Top 10 since December 2008.

Previous month: Europe March 2012: Nissan Qashqai and Toyota Yaris break records

One year ago: Europe April 2011: VW Passat shines

Full April 2012 Top 10 Ranking Table below.

The rest of this content is for members only.
Log In Register
Categories: Europe
  1. May 20th, 2012 at 09:01 | #1

    Hello my friends, I’am brasilian, but sorry, my english is terrible.
    A like Focus Ecoboost 1.6, and the new 1.0 Ecoboost.
    The best car in Europe!

  2. Sonico
    May 18th, 2012 at 08:54 | #2

    Very impressive performance for the Fiat Panda!

  3. Steam
    May 18th, 2012 at 03:17 | #3

    Panda and BMW 3-seris are the only cars with positive tendency.

  4. Max
    May 18th, 2012 at 02:14 | #4

    The Renault Clio is soon discontinued, but its level of sales is always impressive, in spite of the bad results of French market !

    I wish that the next generation will beat the VW Polo in Europe : an European top 3 with Clio, 208 and Fiesta would be great. :D

  5. Marc
    May 18th, 2012 at 02:00 | #5

    The result of FIAT PANDA is very great…. especially because the big Italian market, the most important for Panda, signs again a loss of -18% while the other big markets like Germany, France and UK are all almost stable and this give an advantage for other cars of these countries.

  6. May 18th, 2012 at 00:46 | #6

    Bravo Ford Fiesta!!

  1. No trackbacks yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.